Thursday, April 3, 2008

SOCIAL BOOKMARKING-WEEK 4

I really like the idea that Social Bookmarking is turning information processing
upside down--no longer from the top down but from the millions of people using the internet. I also find Social Bookmarking, i.e., del.icio.us.com, to
be a great organizational tool, the one stop shopping idea--just click on the del.icio.us icon in the browser and I'm where I need to be. At this point, I see
del.icio.us.com to be more helpful with accessing information for personal use,
politics, hobbies, etc. I'm not sure how useful it would be if I use it for some
of the literature request searches I get--these searches tend to be very technical.
Once I feel more confident in using del.icio.us.com I will move on and use
Citeulike and Connotea for the more professional information requests that I
receive--and expect it to be very helpful!

No comments: